Facility and Incentives
Facilities and Incentives
The incentives and facilities offered to the units in SEZs for attracting investments into the SEZs, including foreign investment include:-
- Duty free import/domestic procurement of goods for development, operation and maintenance of SEZ units
- 100% Income Tax exemption on export income for SEZ units under Section 10AA of the Income Tax Act for first 5 years, 50% for next 5 years thereafter and 50% of the ploughed back export profit for next 5 years. (Sunset Clause for Units will become effective from 01.04.2020)
- Exemption from Minimum Alternate Tax (MAT) under section 115JB of the Income Tax Act. (withdrawn w.e.f. 1.4.2012)
- Exemption from Central Sales Tax, Exemption from Service Tax and Exemption from State sales tax.
- These have now subsumed into GST and supplies to SEZs are zero rated under IGST Act, 2017.
- Other levies as imposed by the respective State Governments.
- Single window clearance for Central and State level approvals.
The major incentives and facilities available to SEZ developers include:-
- Exemption from customs/excise duties for development of SEZs for authorized operations approved by the BOA.
- Income Tax exemption on income derived from the business of development of the SEZ in a block of 10 years in 15 years under Section 80-IAB of the Income Tax Act. (Sunset Clause for Developers has become effective from 01.04.2017)
- Exemption from Minimum Alternate Tax (MAT) under Section 115 JB of the Income Tax Act. (withdrawn w.e.f. 1.4.2012)
- Exemption from Dividend Distribution Tax (DDT) under Section 115O of the Income Tax Act.(withdrawn w.e.f. 1.6.2011)
- Exemption from Central Sales Tax (CST). Exemption from Service Tax (Section 7, 26 and Second Schedule of the SEZ Act).