Maharashtra SEZ Act/Policy
The Government of Maharashtra has adopted the SEZ Policy for developing Special Economic Zones in the state. The SEZs, earmarked as duty-free enclaves, have a relaxed and business friendly policy regime, aimed at promoting rapid industrial development and employment generation.
The approved policy regime includes:
- Exemption of all state and local taxes and levies for transactions with the SEZ and for supply from domestic tariff areas to the SEZ
- Exemption from stamp duty and registration fees
- Grant of labour and environment related permits and approvals through a dedicated single window mechanism
- Permission to generate electricity for own consumption
- Expeditious process for land acquisition to set up SEZs
The SEZ Policy aims at creating a simple and transparent system and procedures to attract large foreign and domestic investment in infrastructure for SEZ’s in Maharashtra.
SEZ policy of Maharashtra provides attractive incentives as follows:
- Hundred per cent exemption from Stamp Duty and Registration Fees
- Permission for Captive Power Generation
- Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Policy highlights
- Government is planning to initiate measures for availability of cheap and timely finance, technology up-gradation, upgradation of skill sets of those employed in MSME enterprises and marketing.
- Setting up of a special institution for the SMEs
- New small scale industries are eligible for capital subsidy
- Special capital incentives (grants) are offered for setting up Small-scale industries in backward units
- Interest subsidy is also offered to new textile, hosiery and knitwear SSI units
Incentives to promote quality competitiveness, research and development and technology up-gradation
|Incentives||Subsidy(%)||Limited to(INR Million)|
|Expenses Incurred for quality certification||50||0.10|
|Cleaner production measure||25||0.50|
|Expenses incurred for patent registration||50||0.50|