MIHAN Project an Overview
The Multi Modal international Cargo Hub and Airport at Nagpur (MIHAN) is the flagship project of Maharashtra Airport Development Company Limited (MADC). Spearheaded by the Hon. Chief Minister of Maharashtra , Dveendra Fadnavis, who is also the chairman of MADC and Shri. Vishwas Patil,IAS, Vice Chairman and Managing Director, MADC, MIHAN is based in Nagpur ( Maharashtra ), a place that is easily accessible by all modes of transport –road, rail and air. Nagpur is one of the largest cities in central India and the third largest city in Maharashtra after Mumbai and Pune. Its location as the geographical center of the country is established by the Zero Mile Market. This endows the city with huge logistics potential.
Due to the development of MIHAN, the whole region around Nagpur is expected to witness a boost in economic activity and will also attract qualified and skilled talent form Maharashtra, rest of India as well as abroad.
MIHAN is the country’s first Multi- product special economic zone (SEZ) which is adjacent to an existing international airport. In addition, Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust( JNPT) is developing a dry port less than 40 Km form MIHAN.
The airport at Nagpur is to be extended by 200 M to 3,600 x 45M along with a parallel second runway of 4,000x60m. The two runways will be separated by 1,600m to facilitate parallel take –offs and landing. There will be parking space for 50 aircraft in the terminal and nearly 50 aircraft in the remote area. The 3 lakh Sq.M. terminal will be constructed in phases to meet the estimated 14 million passenger traffic and an estimated 8,70,000 tonnes of cargo. There is also a provision of space for setting up an aircraft engineering and maintenance base. MIHAN is also open to cluster development.
The project is spread over an area of 4,354 hectares, that houses an international airport on 1,364 hectrates in addition to a 1,238 hectares SEZ that include maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) for aircraft, information Technology Parks, Hospitals, besides manufacturing and value- added units. Another 614 hectare of land has been reserved for a rail terminal, road terminal, residential and commercial projects and an international school.
MADC also provider ready- to- work, fully furnished space in the Central Facility Building (CFB) in MIHAN SEZ, where operations can be started immediately. The space is extremely useful for service and exporting companies because of the location and infrastructure provided in MIHAN. Various IT companies, MADC and Development Commissioner’s office are located in CFB.
Power a 146 MW ( 4x1.5) coal-based captive power plant supplies power to units in MIHAN. Currently the power is supplied to the companies in MIHAN SEZ at less than R5 per unit. Besides, a 25 MW diesel power generator has been installed to ensure uninterrupted power to the SEZ Power transmission and distribution are completely bases on underground copper cabal wiring.
Water the Wadgaon (Rama) dam supplies water to MIHAN. There is a water treatment plant with a capacity of 90 Million liters per day. The treated water is good for domestic and industrial consumption.
Rail terminal Land had been allotted to container Corporation of India (CONCOR) for construction of a modern rail terminal. On completion, it proposes to have all the facilities necessary to make it efficient, cost effective and time saving.
Road Terminal planned for parking of 1,000 trucks ( Multi-axle) with open stock yards, warehouses, cold storages besides truck maintenance along with fueling, staff canteen, dormitories, Sulabh Complex, first aid, etc.
Air cargo terminal Two dedicated domestic and international cargo terminals, with ample parking space for air cargo aircraft are in the pipeline.
Incentives to SEZ units at MIHAN
- Simplification of procedure
- Single window cleaners on matters relating to centre and State for setting up unit and developer
- Simplified procedure with emphasis on self- certification
- Tax concession for unit & developer.
- Full-fledged Development Commissioner’s office
- All infrastructure and utility offices under single roof
- Only Multi-product SEZ in India comes attached with an airport
- Readily available land and space for plug & play facility
- A world class infrastructure
- Duty free import/domestic procurement of goods for development, operation and maintenance of SEZ units
- 100 per cent Income Tax exemption on export income for SEZ units for the first 5 years, thereafter 50 per cent of the ploughed back export profit for the next 5 years.
- External commercial Borrowing by SEZ units up to $500 million in a year without any maturity restriction through recognized banking channels
- Exemption from Central Sales Tax
- Exemption from Service Tax
- Exemption from State Sales Tax and other levies
- 100per cent FDI allowed
- Public Utility Service (PUC) status
Setting up in MIHAN SEZ
- The unit to obtain Letter of Intent (LOI) form MIHAN SEZ obtaining the plot on lease and premises on leave & license within in SEEPZ
- Application in prescribed Format of MADC to be filed with the Development Commissioner, MIHAN SEEPZ along with a copy of project report and other details/ information
- The development Commissioner, MIHAN SEEPZ shall scrutinize the proposal of the unit and shall place the same before Unit Approval Committee for their Consideration
- Unit Approval Committee shall approve or approve with modifications or reject the proposal within 15 days of its receipt
- The development Commissioner, MIHAN SEZ shall issue a letter of Approval (LOA) in the prescribed from G for setting up the unit
- SEZ Unit shall be required to confirm its acceptance with the terms and conditions of LOA to the Development Commissioner MIHAN SEZ within 45 days of receipt of LOA
- SEZ unit shall be required to confirm inter into a lease agreement with MIHAN SEZ and a copy of registered lease deed shall be submitted to the office of the Development Commissioner, MIHAN SEZ within 45 days of receipt of LOA
- SEZ unit shall be required to enter into a lease agreement with MIHAN SEZ and a Coppy of registered lease deed shall be submitted to the office of the Development Commissioner, MIHAN SEZ within 6 months of the receipt of LOA
- The unit can then operate and avil all the benefits/ exemptions/ concessions as a unit in MINAN SEZ
Apply with the following documents
- 1. Expression of interest in the attached format
- 2. Project Report
- 3. Company Resolution
- 4. Copy of Memorandum & Articles of association. Partnership Deed
- 5. Copies of PAN ( Company)
- 6. Last three year’s audited Balance Sheets, ITRS
- 7. Passport SIZE photographs of directors and their PAN Numbers
- 8. Sales Tax Registration
- 9. Location Plan will be provided by ( MADC)
A platform for export oriented companies, MIHAN SEZ is already operational. Leading IT companies like Infosys , TCS and Tech Manindra have started their centers, while IT Parks are being developed by large corporates like Shapoorji Pallonji.
Residential complexes are also being developed by Mahindra Lifespace and Moraj Infra on lands allotted by MADC next to the SEZ. Container Corporations of India Ltd(CONCOR) is constructing the Multi Modal Logistic Park (MMPL) along with a rail terminal connecting MIHAN with different ports in country. Companies like Hexaware BPS, TAL and Lupin Pharma have already started their production form MIAHN SEZ. Indian institute of Management, Nagpur (IIM-N) is also going to be set up on 142 acres in Non SEZ area of MIHAN along with all India Institute of Medical science (AIIMS) on 150 acres. A Health city will come up in 150 acres by the name “INDO-UK MEDICITY. Patanjali Ayurved is constructing a “MEGA FOOD PARK” in sprawling 234 acres of land.
Maharastha Airport Development co. Ltd(MADC) is established by the Government of Maharashtra. MADC is the nodal agency of the Government of Maharashtra for developers MIHAN and a multi modal- product SEZ adjoining the airport. MADC is also developing 9 other airports in Maharashtra.
MADC scaling new Heights
Airports are being upgraded and developed, besides green filed once are coming up in Maharashtra
- Pune Greenfield project with two runways of 4,000m x 60m each
- Solapur ( Hotagl)’s existing airship of 2,100mx 45m besides a Greenfield project at Solapur ( Boramani) with a runway of 2,00m x 45 m
- Karad’s existing airstrip of 1,280m x 30 m together airstrip of 1,700m x 30 m
- Amravati’s existing airstrip of 1,372 x 35m and a new airport with an airstrip of 2,600X 45m
- Chandrapur’s existing airstrip of 1,000m x 30m
- Dhule existing airship of 1,380m x 30.5 m
- Gadchiroli a Greenfield airport . heliport project with a runway of 3,200m 45m
- Phaltan’s existing sand surface airstrip of 800 x 30 m
Central facility Building, 1st floor, MIHAN SEZ,
Nagpur 0441 108, India
Tel- 91-7104 665665
Email: [email protected]
8th floor, world Trade centre, Cuffe Parade,
Mumbai -400 005, India
Email: [email protected]